What if I Need to Send ACT and/or SAT Test Scores to CSU?
You may automatically “place into” College Composition based on your ACT or SAT scores – so no Directed Self-Placement (DSP) Survey or Composition Placement Re-evaluation and Challenge Essay is required.
If ACT or SAT results were not considered as part of your application for admission to CSU, you may need to submit test scores for composition placement purposes.
ACT OR SAT Results
ACT COMPOSITE subscore = 26 or higher
SAT Verbal/Critical Reading subscore = 600 or higher
Students at either of these levels are eligible to register for CO 150 College Composition, without completing the Directed Self-Placement (DSP) Survey or the Composition Placement Re-evaluation and Challenge Essay and should register for CO 150 their first or second semester at CSU. No advanced-standing credit is awarded for ACT or SAT results.
You can send official scores:
- ACT: see actstudent.org/scores for instructions to request scores for CSU. Our ACT code is 0504.
- SAT: see sat.collegeboard.org/scores/send-sat-scores for instructions to request scores for CSU. Our SAT/College Board code is 4075.
- Allow 2-3 weeks for scores to arrive at CSU from the testing agency.
You can send unofficial scores:
- We will accept copies of score reports sent by email to email@example.com, or postal mail (CSU Admissions, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062), or faxed to (970) 491-7799.
- Pictures of score reports, scores on screen, etc. are not acceptable.
- Scores reported in full on high school transcripts also can be used for placement purposes; contact Admissions at (970) 491-6909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check your ACT/SAT Test Scores in RAMweb
Access your student record online to view ACT/SAT test scores. Log in to RAMweb.colostate.edu using your eID, navigate to the Records section (right column) and select ACT, SAT & GRE Scores.
Contact Sue Russell, Composition Program Assistant, in the Department of English at (970) 491-1898 or email email@example.com.