Placement into Composition courses is based on test scores. If you have taken the ACT and/or SAT and those scores aren’t on file at CSU, please see the directions below on how to send official scores to CSU.
- If you are a transfer student with Composition credit from another college or university, click here for more information.
- If you were admitted to CSU without test scores, we strongly recommend you write the Composition Placement Challenge and Re-evaluation Essay. Click here for more information.
How to Send Official Scores to CSU:
- ACT: see actstudent.org/scores for instructions to request scores for CSU. Our ACT code is 0504.
- SAT: see sat.collegeboard.org/scores/send-sat-scores for instructions to request scores for CSU. Our SAT/College Board code is 4075.
- Allow 2-3 weeks for scores to arrive at CSU from the testing agency.
How to Send Unofficial Scores to CSU:
- CSU will accept copies of score reports sent the following ways:
- by email to email@example.com
- by postal mail (CSU Admissions, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062)
- by fax to (970) 491-7799
- Pictures of score reports, screenshots on your computer, etc. are not accepted.
- Scores reported in full on high school transcripts are also accapted. For more information, contact Admissions at (970) 491-6909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check your ACT/SAT Test Scores in RAMweb
If your scores are on file at CSU and you want to see them, you can access your student record online. Log in to RAMweb.colostate.edu using your eID, navigate to the Records section (right column) and select ACT, SAT & GRE Scores.
Contact Emily Morgan, Composition Program Coordinator, at (970) 491-1898 or email Emily.J.Morgan@colostate.edu.