- Colorado State University's English Composition Requirement
- CO150: Composition Placement Challenge and Re-evaluation Essay
**New CDHE Required Language for All Syllabi**
The Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) has revised the language that is required to be placed into all syllabi for composition courses that transfer across the state as gtPathways courses. This includes CO130, CO150, CO300, CO 301 A, B, C, and D, and CO302. If you are teaching one of these courses in the fall of 2017 or later, it is essential that you integrate this information into your composition syllabi. All syllabi will be checked since the Department Chair and the Provost must sign off that we are 100% compliant. The CDHE plans also to conduct random checks of individual syllabi during the school year, with the possible loss of gtPathways status if syllabi are found to be noncompliant.
Faculty should integrate three things into each syllabus — the Written Competency (Student Learning Outcomes) information, the Content Criteria that applies to the course being taught, and the CDHE gtPathways statement, appropriate for the course level. Please find all of these documents here in easy-to-copy Word format. Please also see sample syllabi for each course with the information integrated appropriately. The CSU Provost’s Office requires us to place this new information at the beginning of the syllabus, as shown in each sample.
- Written Competency (Student Learning Outcomes)
- Content Criteria: CO1 Content Criteria, CO2 Content Criteria, CO3 Content Criteria
- CCHE Content Criteria original document (PDF) and CCHE Content Criteria document with Rubrics (PDF)
- CDHE gtPathways Statement
- CDHE Changes Required for Fall 2017: Spring-Summer 2017 Presentation Notes by Sue Doe (PDF)
- Colorado State University's Online Course Catalog: Composition Courses
- CO150: College Composition
- CO300: Writing Arguments
- CO301B: Writing in the Disciplines, Sciences
- CO302: Writing Online
- CO401: Writing and Style
Visit the official CSU employment website for career opportunities.