Discussion Questions: Swift Ed Lessor
- Discuss what Swift identifies as the exigence for the creation of the “I Had an Abortion” T-Shirt.
- How could this exigence be mitigated through discourse?
- Who is the audience for this rhetoric?
- Would the audience as identified here be capable of attaining agency and making a change to the exigence?
- Who is the speaker here?
- What are the constraints of this rhetorical situation?
- Do you find the T-Shirt to be an appropriate response to the Rhetorical Situation as outlined by Swift?
- What information would you need in order to make an analytical claim about the argument made by Planned Parenthood here?